My Very Own Creations!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, September 27, 2009

MORE THAN JUST A JOB!

For a living, I get to watch a 200 inch moving flatscreen t.v.
I see so many different scenes!
Bizarre, funny, strange, beautiful & sad
Its the most entertaining experience on a job I've ever had!


A plethora of attitudes & spirits to say the least
Keeps me praying now that's for sure!
I made three years this week
God gives me strength to endure!


Uh oh! Bumper to bumper, traffic is too thick
I'm running late, but can't afford to miss!
I made it, Thank God, watch your time says the clerk
Ok, thanks, I'm here now & ready to work!


I check the equipment to be safe, since we all have to share
I walk through & around starting my day with prayer!
Thank You God for a safe & pleasant day
Please let everyone who boards feel your presence in Jesus Name!


Adrenaline's pumping we're all lined up in a row
Time to hit the streets & watch the daily show!
Stop after a morning trip to grab some hot tea
Maybe some hashbrowns, they're 2 for a dollar at Micky D's!


Meet lots people, a head nod & smile won't hurt
So many men, all colors & sizes, they sure do love to flirt!
There's plenty of exposure, many faces are repeats
Vehicles & pedestrians galore, make sure they see you, get the big picture, exercise those five keys!


Cut off by a taxi cab turning right
FROM THE THIRD LANE!
Rushing people need turn signals
Its enough to drive you insane!


There is so much tension, drama & stress
I can't curse & flip 'em the bird!
I Just take a deep breath & smile
Remember my purpose & recall God's Word!


Many different routes, so much to see
Its amazing how drastic the changes can be!
I see when you fumble, I see when you trip,
I see when you fall down, I see when you slip!


Homeless asleep in the park
cups shaking, spare any change?
Elderly, disabled, wheelchairs
a walker & a few canes!


School kids pack in tight
People arguing on the street ~ ready to fight!
I say good morning & hello even if no one speaks back
There's so much negativity in the world, its clearly a spiritual attack!


A stroller with two kids inside
On the floor lies chicken bones!
A fare just short of a quarter, only going two blocks
A loud conversation on a cell phone!


Walk to the rear
Check it out, play it safe!
Stretch my legs, sit back down
Buckle up & I'm on my way!


All pile on, pay fare & have a seat
Read the paper or a book, listen to ipod quietly
So full at times, no place to sit til the route is done
Standing room only, packed to the front, yep they're riding SHOTGUN!


Did you see when the sun arose?
Oh, you're nodding, smoothe ride, its ok to doze!
Free your wedgy, I'll turn my head
I'll watch the boats sail by instead!


Families with kids excited at the zoo
Dogs of all breeds walking their masters too!
Don't step off that curb without one look
Whew! Defensive driving, now that's the hook!


Romantic couples holding hands
Groups, for money, do a street dance!
Traffic patrol blow whistles loud
Horse & carriages ride through the crowd!


Passers by all going places, some to work. some tourists shopping
Tall buildings disappear in the sky, top half chopped off by fog & I blink!
Now everyone's scurrying about as field mice in a maze
But, strangely, all are moving in sync!


Go ahead, pick your nose, I promise I won't stare
I'll turn my head, its way more to see over there!
Always in the eye of the public, you get commendations & complaints
Takes all kinds to make up the world, some act like demons, some act like saints!


I've been called a smoothe operator
Because I try not to be wreckless causing people to stumble!
The skills I've developed seems to improve daily
But, I just say thanks & try to remain humble!


Thank you, have a good day
Nice ride, I like your driving style!
Its nice that people appreciate my efforts
Kind of makes it all worth while!


Outer drive, runners, bikers & walkers
As seasons change, clothes come off then on!
Still, calm waters turn to waves
crashing against the bank until dawn!


Frozen waves in mid stream
Sun blazes hot & melts them!
Waters rippling for miles to see
I'm just awe struck at HIM!


Blue sky-blue water, grey sky-grey water
white diamonds glistening!
Shhh! You hear that?
Shhh! Are you listening?
Its peace that surpasses all understanding!


What a blessing to be able to witness God's beautiful handiwork
All while getting paid!
I don't take it for granted, not one bit
I've really got it made!


I enjoy what I do
Its done as unto God!
He anointed me to service you
That makes it more than just a job!


Inspired to create on 9/23/09! Thank God for red lights & terminals! lol


Whatever you love enough to do for free is the very thing that will make you rich, in more ways than one! ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR PASSION!


Have you told someone that you love & appreciate them? Always remember that THANK YOU makes room for more!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Very nice! I did enjoy. A look into your moving flat screen TV . . .

    La-Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed driving buses for CTA! It was a blessing! Funny that I'm reflecting back on this right around my 3rd year anniversary of my new assignment! Which is completely opposite of this one as far as being outdoors & free! Funny how God does things! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Be Attitudes!